A Great Start…
Cigna's Service Leadership Program (SLP) provides early career candidates the opportunity to be directly involved with the ongoing core operations of a Fortune 500 company and health care industry leader. The projects SLP associates oversee and the teams they manage have a direct impact on the health, well-being and sense of security of those Cigna serves.
The SLP is a rotational development program within Cigna's operational departments. The SLP develops high potential individuals in order to build a pipeline of leaders within the company. Associates within the SLP complete rotations which are designed to provide cross-functional exposure to operations within different business units and geographical locations. Roles are designed to also provide associates opportunities to become skilled in core competencies like dealing with ambiguity, creativity and business acumen. Roles are available nationwide based on the business needs of our operational facilities.
Learning and Development:
As an associate in the program, you will participate in the following opportunities:
Associates in the SLP fill a variety of positions throughout the organization, all of which allow them to make an impact on the operation and gain critical career experience. As an associate with the SLP, rotations will be designed to give you exposure to experiences with both: 1) project management, and 2) team management.
While no two rotations are identical, project management roles typically involve being a contributor to project teams aimed at enhancing operational activities through strategizing new approaches or seeking efficiencies in current processes. Team management roles usually consist of directly supervising the day-to-day operations of a front-line team, including setting team priorities, managing goals, and focusing on staff development.
After the Program:
Armed with a broad view of Cigna's operations and key management experience, graduates of the SLP have the opportunity to rotate on to positions with more responsibility and higher management levels.
- BA/BS in Business, Healthcare, Operations Management, Finance, or related field
- Willingness to relocate multiple times during the program, and ability to travel
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to new situations and handle ambiguity
- Customer service experience with focus on meeting customer needs
- Demonstrated proficiency of interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior business exposure through internship/work experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience by driving results and/or leading change
- Self-motivated and ability to operate independently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Long term career goals in operations and/or management
- 3.0 GPA or better preferred
How to Apply
Think this opportunity is right for you? To be eligible for consideration, please apply online.